Why Join a Credit Union?
Why should you consider joining a credit union? There are plenty of reasons! Just be prepared for a truly unique banking experience.
- Democracy. At your credit union, you are not merely a customer, you are a member and an owner of your financial institution. As a member-owner, you have the right to have a say in the overall direction of the credit union, and you will share in any profits the credit union makes.
- Service. Credit unions pride themselves on providing their members with friendly and responsive service. In fact, unlike most financial institutions, credit unions consistently rate high marks in independent surveys on customer service.
- Choice. Credit unions offer a full package of products and services including savings and chequing accounts, mortgages, cash machines, telephone and home banking, term deposits, RRSPs, traveller's cheques, MasterCard and more.
- Commitment to Community. Credit unions reinvest their deposits and profits in the communities in which they operate. This is in keeping with their co-operative principles.
- Competitive prices. Service charges at credit unions are comparable to, or sometimes even lower than, those at banks.